Dale responded back that he was thinking the same thing and green-lighted the switch. So Sor's Op.6/No.8 will be shelved. My new assignment is Carcassi's Op.60/No.1.
In the fall of 2007, I decided to learn how to play the guitar in my spare time. This is my story, tracking my progress from the 18th month after I started back when I knew nothing. The four primary genres of music that I enjoy are classical, flamenco, ki ho'alu and Celtic. Perhaps I will be good at this by 2019.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Switching to Carcassi
I sent an email to Dale suggesting that I switch to Carcassi's Opus 60
rather than continue with the 20 Sor studies selected by Segovia.
My reasoning was that Carcassi's progressive and melodic studies would more closely match the current level and developmental pace of my sight-reading.
Dale responded back that he was thinking the same thing and green-lighted the switch. So Sor's Op.6/No.8 will be shelved. My new assignment is Carcassi's Op.60/No.1.
Dale responded back that he was thinking the same thing and green-lighted the switch. So Sor's Op.6/No.8 will be shelved. My new assignment is Carcassi's Op.60/No.1.