Monday, May 4, 2009

Julian Bream: A Life on The Road


My instructor, Dale, prefers David Russel to John Williams and Julian Bream. I like all three. I also enjoy reading Tony Palmer's book "Julian Bream: A Life on The Road". Tony Palmer and photographer Daniel Meadows toured with Julian to write this book which gives many interesting glimpses of the man and his lifestyle at home and on the road.

It's a favorite book among classical guitarists but it's out of print and copies run a minimum of about $80. The copy that I have is a 1982 first edition which I purchased for a total of $40 from Australia. I hope to get it autographed by Mr. Bream someday.

Delcamp.net member Pan The Man is campaigning to get about 500 prospective buyers to encourage Tony Palmer to issue a reprint which would cost a mere $35 shipped. If you'd like to join the campaign, you can add your voice to the delcamp.net topic linked above (if you're a member) or to this online petition that he started.