Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Solo Study: Wk02: Adding two more pieces

Dowland's arrangement of The Parlement is memorized and I've found better fingerings to speed its execution. It now moves into the "To Polish" category.
  • Classical: Dowland: Parlement, The
  • Flamenco: Allegrias en Mi: Grade 0 (Arr: Juan Martin)
There's room for Duck Baker's arrangement of I Saw Three Ships and Ozzie Kotani's Maunaloa so I've added both to the "In-Progress" category.
  • Celtic: Skye Boat Song, The (Arr: Pat Kirtley)
  • Fingerstyle: Silent Night (Arr: Mark Hanson)
  • Fingerstyle: I Saw Three Ships (Arr: Duck Baker)
  • Ki Ho-Alu: Maunaloa (Arr: Ozzie Kotani)
While I'm disappointed about not being able to continue with Dale, I'm getting a bit of satisfaction at finally being able to finish and polish these pieces. Yesterday, I spent a good amount of time experimenting with interpretations of El McMeen's adaptation of Ashokan Farewell. I know it well enough to add embellishments and modify the timing of segments.