Minuet in E by Adam Falckenhagen (1697-1754) was one of the pieces I had wanted to learn after listening to all the arrangements in Stephan Schmidt's book, Classical Guitar Pieces. Klemens Klum in Germany performed this piece on YouTube as shown above.
I remembered this piece while driving to San Francisco over the weekend and began studying it after I got home.
I've already committed this minuet to memory. Learning it distracted me from finishing The Skye Boat Song and smoothing out The Parlement this week. I have no regrets; it was enjoyable to study. Even with my slow tempo and halting play, the piece is quite beautiful.
I noted that there's a fingering error in the tablature for measure 14 and that the fingering arrangement for measure 9 does not allow the B note to sustain for the full measure. Obviously, measure 9 was meant to be played with a barre on the 2nd fret. I noted that Klemens plays it with a barre. It's a bit more challenging for a beginner like me but I'm going to play it the same way.