Concluded my second lesson with Dale yesterday. He worked with me on the technical elements of the last measures for the simplified version of Guardame Las Vacas. I must now polish it on my own. I will be required to record three new pieces by the end of the summer (a sort of recital) and this will be one of them.
Started on the Juan Martin Sevillana. Dale has stressed that I need to count. I wasn't able to understand his "one-ey-and-a-two-and-a-three-and" tempo at the studio but I figured out when I tried it slowly at home. It's composed of four 16th notes, one 8th plus two 16ths, and two 8ths.
The sevillana will be the second piece for my summer recital.
Was introduced to the A Melodic Minor scale and am required to practice it and the two other scales that I had learned. Will try to add one other scale on my own.
To improve my sight reading, I will be working on Benedict's Sight Reading for the Classical Guitar: Levels 1-3. My goal will be to do two exercises per day. This is a personal initiative on top of Dale's assignments. For the past eighteen months, I have learned almost exclusively using tablature.
Dale also advised me to get familiar with Fernando Sor's Opus 6, No. 8 study. This is the first piece in Andres Segovia's Twenty Studies for the Guitar. Our next class will be in two weeks as he is taking Spring Break off.
Ran into Paul and his daughter before my class. She will be taking lessons from Dale.