March 15th, Monday
Late evening
- Ex28: Simple 14-measure single-line melody. Probably meant to re-acquaint the student with the bass strings.
- Ex29: Short exercise to re-acquaint with the 6th string.
- Ex30: Hey! Isn't this a modified version of Ex28?
March 16th, Tuesday
Late evening
- Ex30: Recapping.
- Ex31: More bass notes. Not very musical but I did what I could.
- Ex32: Okay. This is more interesting.
- Break! Will be back for another 15 minutes.
- Ex33: Changing rhythms. Counted carefully as I practiced.
- Ex34: More musical.
An Article on Using Fretboard Harmony for Sight-Reading
prenex on Twitter put together this article on using fretboard harmony to aid in sight-reading. Some of you might want to review it.
Will look into incorporating these methods into my sight-reading practice.
Still Finishing my SBGS Guitar Festival Summary
Am still editing my notes on the workshops I had attended at the South Bay Guitar Society's 6th Annual Guitar Festival. I will hopefully have those done by this weekend.