Monday, December 14, 2009

Bach, Assignments and Keeping my Yamaha

New Piece to Learn & Guitar Assignments
I've added Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring to my studies. Thus far, I'm working on the first 11 measures. This would be the longest piece to date spanning 56 measures. I could work on an abbreviated version but I think I should take up the challenge of the whole original piece. Besides, it's very enjoyable to hear myself practicing it.

I'll be experimenting with assigning pieces to each of my current guitars (works-in-progress and works being polished).
  • Kenny Hill Estudio 45S: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (New piece)
  • Yamaha CG171SF: Alegrias en Mi (Polish. Almost done. Next will be Tangos: Level 1 to polish.)
  • Yamaha C40: I saw Three Ships (Polish. Almost done. Next will be La Paloma; a new piece.)
  • Johnson JO-27: The Skye Boat Song (Polish. Almost done. Next will be Planxty Fanny Power; a new piece.)
  • Yamaha FG730S: Canyon Canon (Polish)

Keeping My Yamaha CG171SF
I broke out of my temporary insanity and decided to keep my Yamaha CG171SF. It's been my most satisfying guitar and it's been set up for such excellent playability.

Shame on me for considering a sale even with that generous offer.