
I came up with a new practice log design that may better suit my style. I based it on Chris's "lazy" method of practicing in blocks and on Daniel Roest's general ideas behind his Guitar Organizer. Clicking on the image above will show you the details.
Based on my first logging experiment, I spend an average of 1.6 hours practicing each day and I could probably be more efficient in using that time. I decided to divide my practice into these time slots:
- Three 15-minute slots for the week's lesson assignments.
- Two 10-minute slots for working out specific problems in my repertoire.
- Two 10-minute slots for sight reading, exercises or scales.
- Two optional slots for any extra practice. These are assumed to be 15-minutes each.

The log's use is guided by my lesson objectives that I set after each class with Dale. I typically write them into my blog (as I did for June 3rd) but will jot them into my notes from hereon.
Limiting my practice into short segments works well with the Casio "referee" watch that I bought. It's built-in preset timer periods allow me to stay within my allotted time.